Experiments with ruby-processing (processing-2.2.1) and JRubyArt for processing-3.0

Sunday 26 September 2010

A Staffordshire Knot Using Ruby Processing and A Context Free Library

A Staffordshire Knot, ruby-processing 3D context-free DSL from monkstone on Vimeo.


Using a slight variation of the previous post we get something similar to the Staffordshire Knot.


segment :rz => i, :ry => Math.sin(i*Math::PI/180)*0.2, :x => Math.sin(i*Math::PI/180)*1.5


Is the main change, although to produce the video, I was saving frames and set the size to 640*480 to match vimeo preferences. Was very jumpy when I saved frames as #####.png ...

I have since uploaded an improved version, this time using the default save_frame (hence tif format). Mencoder doesn't like this format so I batch converted the tif files to png as so:-

mogrify -format png -transparent blue *.tif


See my processing blog for the video recording details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have developed JRubyArt and propane new versions of ruby-processing for JRuby-9.1.5.0 and processing-3.2.2